Friday, July 17, 2009

Guest Chef: Sausage And Peppers

The third day of my awesome weekend in Los Angeles was mostly spent by the pool at my brother and my friend Nick’s respective homes. I have known Nick since preschool and he is one of my best friends who I always look forwarding to visiting. His mother Sara has long been like a surrogate mom; chaperoning play dates when we were kids and catching me sleeping on the couch after late nights as adults. She is a mean cook effectively preparing simple but scrumptious food. You can tell that Sara gets a kick of out cooking which I feel is an important aspect of food. Nick and I were lounging by the pool when she poked her out and asked me what to do with a bag of leftover sausages. I suggested sausage and peppers and she was thrilled by the proposition even though she had little experience with the Italian standard. The two of us sat back drinking seven and sevens on the veranda overlooking the city while Sara threw together a delicious dinner, cementing her as the second guest chef of the trip. Her spaghetti with sausage and peppers was truly tasty with a nice blend of pork and chicken sausages alongside multicolored peppers and sweet tomato sauce. We had dinner on the veranda as the sun was setting and relished the opportunity to spend time together as they welcomed me back to Los Angeles after a long time away. It is so nice to have people cook for me for a change, especially old friends in my hometown. As always, I encourage you to enjoy and share delicious food and home cooked meals with yourself and others!

1 comment:

George said...

seven & sevens.. nice!