Friday, July 17, 2009

Guest Chef: Egg McMuff

I was in Los Angeles this past weekend and had an absolute blast visiting with friends and family. The weather was gorgeous as always staying a dry 85 or 90 during the day and crisp low 60’s at night, ideal for dining out and bar hopping. I stayed with my brother and his lovely lady who is very pregnant during my stay at their beautiful house in Hollywood. My first morning in town I came to the realization that I probably would not be doing very much cooking, opting instead to eat out as much as possible and have others host. After Pilar, my brother’s lady, and I went for a long hike in the hills she cooked us up a mean breakfast that she dubbed the egg McMuff. It was essentially a breakfast sandwich with egg, ham, and cheddar on a sprouted wheat English muffin inspired in name only by McDonalds. Pilar is a great cook and big time foodie who because of her preggers status has to eat excessive amounts of protein. After she cooked our tasty egg McMuff breakfast I decided that it would be cool to publish posts featuring guest chefs and the meals they served. I had a wealth of delicious food during my trip, Pilar’s tasty egg sandwich included, and hope to share some of the highlights. As always, I encourage you to enjoy and share delicious food and home cooked meals with yourself and others!

No comments: